Saturday, November 3, 2007

I did it!!


I can finally check "half-marathon" off the list! Today, Saturday November 3, 2007, I ran the Santa Barbara half-marathon which is 13 miles LONG! I finished in 2 hours, 10 minutes, and 24 seconds. Not bad for a first-time racer, if I do say so myself-and I do! That put me at a 9:57 minute mile, so basically a 10 minute mile...for 13 miles.Whew!









Dawn ran the half with me, and did really great. She finished in 2 hours, 42 minutes, and 38 seconds. She ran a 12:25 minute mile.


Here are some pictures of us BEFORE the race. Look how happy we are!




And Below are the pictures of us AFTER the race. I know, we still look good. Look-we got medals! I haven't got a medal for anything since High School, it was quite exciting!

6 comments:

kellie said...

Congratulaions! I am impressed.

soccerchick said...

U go mom.I cant believe u did that. I could never do that. I can barly do 2 miles at skool. NOw enjoy doing the marathon

Natasha Hawkins said...

GO MOM GO MOM!!! YOU can run half a marithon that is so cool!!! I know I cant. I cant run 13 miles I will pass out.Its just so cool.
FROM ZACH

sandi said...

Congrats!! it is all because of those awesome nike's!! I am proud of you!

Artmomof2 said...

Lovely pics of us. I'm glad we got to run the half- marathon together. Well almost together. 30 minute difference. Good luck on the full marathon with Julie. Oh, Katie Holmes just ran a marathon in New York. It was on the internet today. I hope your test went well. Call me, so we can crack open a cold one later....

Natasha Hawkins said...

Thanks everybody!