Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oohh yeah, it's twilight baby!!

Well, the time had finally arrived for the midnight showing of twilight, and boy, was it ever crazy. We got to the theatre 3 1/2 hours before the show began and there was still a line of people (mostly young girls, of course) wrapped all the way around the theatre and out along the main road.
Here is a shot I took of the line, which doesn't even do justice to just how many of us insane fans were there.Brittani was lucky enough to get to bring along one of her best friends, Delaney. Considering it was a school night for both of them, and we didn't get home until 2:30 am, I think we just might be the coolest moms ever- if I do say so myself!
Once we got inside, there was still more waiting. Here we are fast asleep dreaming of Edward. Ha, Ha. Oh, and by the way, even though we were sooooo early, we still ended up in the 2nd row if you can believe it!!
Like I said, we had A LOT of time on ours hands, or should I say feet? Don't we have the cutest shoes ever? Anyway, the movie was definitely worth the wait. Although, I do have to say I wanted to LOVE it, and the first time I saw it, I just really LIKED it. But...do not despair, because the second time I saw it, which was later that same day, I LOVED it. I don't know why that is. The first time seemed kind of choppy, but the second seemed to flow much better for me. I did miss out on some of my most favorite lines like, "Do I dazzle you? Frequently," "If I could dream at all, it would be about you," and "Stupid, shiny Volvo owner." Otherwise, I loved the music, baseball scene, and of course...Edward. Aaaahhhh.

8 comments:

sandi said...

you will be happy to know that I went and saw the movie a week ago saturday. At first I wasn't sure if I would like it. A few parts I started to chuckle over. but then I really started getting into it and loved it!! I know that I am nowhere near the die hard fans that you are but, I did buy the book last weekend and I am in chapter 8 and having a hard time putting it down. So I am hoping that I will get through the rest of the books before any more movies come out! Aren't you proud of me???

Natasha Hawkins said...

Yes Sandi, I am SOOOO proud of you. I know you have a hard time reading because you get headaches, but when it comes to Edward that just won't be possible. Yay!! Now we can talk about twilight endlessly...

sandi said...

an update for you. I finished new moon last night and I borrowed eclipse and breaking dawn from a friend and am starting eclipse tonight. I am also going to see the movie again tonight!! YAY!!!

Natasha Hawkins said...

I knew you'd get hooked!! And...I am SO glad! Twilight is even better the second time, so I know you'll LOVE it even more after tonight. I've seen it 4 times now and am having withdraws...is that considered an addiction? hmmmmmmm.

sandi said...

well as I explained to a friend when asked if I was enjoying the books. I said, "It is like a drug to me, my own personal heroine." HEE HEE! so yes I guess that means it is some sort of addiction. But it is a good one!

sandi said...

Updating you again...... I am finished! My family is happy because they might get me back again and some laundry might get done. But I am going to miss them. I guess I can always start over! I did see the movie for a 3rd time. It is so GREAT!!!! But I know you and others have been dying for me to update my blog. Well, now you know why I haven't.

Laura said...

Yeah for Twilight! I'm glad I'm not the only crazy Twilight fan. Although compared to those online fans, I'm nothing. Give me a buzz to go see the movie anytime! I can't get enough. I loved seeing the Valencia scenes too. I'm so excited that New Moon will be coming out soon.

johnson hq said...

you weren't kidding about still being in the twilight phase! :) You are darling!