Saturday, September 22, 2007

Rain, rain go away...Come back another non-soccer day!

It's raining soccer balls out there! So, my kids play AYSO soccer, and they refuse to cancel games on account of rain! It's pouring out there and Brittani's game gets cancelled only because they play at a public park, and the park says that no one is allowed to play there. (They don't want soccer cleats tearing up their fields). But, Zach's game is at a school, and on Saturdays there is no one at the schools, so it is up to AYSO officials to determine whether the games are played. Well, AYSO's rule is that they only cancel games if there is danger involved ie: lightning. They play in pouring rain, mostly because it's a pain for them to reschedule games. So, my kid is suppose to get sick because they don't want to reschedule. Well, we showed up in the pouring rain at game time and at the very last minute they called the game. I have to say I was a drowned rat by the end of just waiting the 15 minutes it took them to decide if we were playing or not (I sent my kids to the car). Apparently, someone saw lightning. Could you have seen that 15 minutes ago! C'mon, gimmie a break. Yes, I brought Zach to his game, but I wasn't going to let him play-it was pouring!! I mean we're talking about 6 & 7 year olds here. But... I was snack person, so I felt obligated to go, and I knew the other parents wouldn't let their kids play either anyway. So, my point to all this is- Why does AYSO make us show up? It's ridiculous!

2 comments:

sandi said...

Sounds like Ayso is about as ridiculous ast TCY football here in Texas!! So Trenton has to practice, not even a game, only practice in pouring rain!! Crazy. And all of the little league games have a commentater and We have to pay to get in to them! Crazy, Crazy stuff!

Natasha Hawkins said...

I've seen some of the football practices at the park where the kids practice soccer, and man... those football coaches and players are die-hards! We have little league baseball out here too, and yeah, it's worse! What happened to the "Sandlot"?