Wednesday, September 26, 2007

IT'S A NEW RECORD!!

This has never happened before...never in my 12 years of buying or making Halloween costumes have I ever had one costume, let alone three costumes, this early before! (Check the calendar, its over a month until Oct 31st). I took my kids Halloween costume shopping yesterday, and lo and behold, I walked out of Party America with three costumes complete with accessories. Wow, this is a record for me. Usually, I am panicked, stressed out, and running around to twenty stores the day before Halloween, or when I used to make the costumes...still sewing the morning of. So, here's the low down...Brittani is Dorothy, Hayli is a Sumo Wrestler (I'll explain in a bit), and Zach is a Scorpion Ninja. Since Brittani wants to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz (which I love as much as Wicked), it is only obvious that I have to be the Wicked Witch of the West. As far as the Sumo Wrestler goes, if your kids have seen Hannah Montana, I bet they can explain it to ya. Hayli and her cousin, Ashlyn are both being Sumo Wrestlers, just like Hannah Montana did in one of her episodes. Anyways, I just hope Christmas shopping goes as well...

4 comments:

sandi said...

Kudos to you!! I do know you well enough. And I will vouch for you and the running around, and sewing last minute!! I am proud of you Tash! Real proud. This is the first year that my kids, especially Malory doesn't know what she wants to be a year in advance. Maybe I'll mention the Sumo Idea! She probably will go for it. Make sure you post pics of the kids on Halloween! And haven't you been trying to get Britt to go as Dorothy for years?

Natasha Hawkins said...

YES! I have been trying for years. I really have wanted to do a whole Wizard of Oz theme, but of course, it has to be when they want to. Hmmm...If only I could get one of them to have a Fifties birthday party...Everyone knows I've been houndin' on that one for years!

kellie said...

At this rate, you will be done with your christmas shopping before black Friday. Isabel thinks that Sumo Wrestler thing is pretty cool. We love Hannah Montana. I am a closet Hannah Montana watcher when my kids are in bed. That show is so funny. I want my Mullet back.

Gary and I are trying to go as Nacho Libre and his nun lady friend. The kids and Gary got me the nun costume. Lucy says, "All you need now, mom, is the big "T" necklace."

Muriel said...

Yeah for you! I am the exact same, usually I am still sewing the day of. But I am just about done. The D.I. has been my best friend this year. All I have to do is make butterfly wings. They can't be that hard, right?....