Monday, August 18, 2008

FINALLY!!

Well, August 2, 2008 finally arrived, and us girls couldn't have been happier. As you can see, that was the day Breaking Dawn was released. Yeah Baby! Although, the date was a bit of an inconvience because we were tent camping in Yosemite at the time. But, that wasn't going to keep us from our book, and our Edward. I called a local book store in Oakhurst, a little town outside of Yosemite, and reserved 5 copies for us. We just had to drive 3 hours round trip down the windiest road in California in the middle of the night, to go and pick them up. No problem. By the way, it was worth every minute!!
Don't you love our "I love Edward" t-shirts?! We made them ourselves in Yosemite. Nothing like doing arts and crafts in the great outdoors. It was fun, and Brittani and I are able to have a nice mother-daughter bonding experience. She finished the book before me because I had a test in one of my classes I am taking during the summer, and studying for that slowed down my reading, but I finished within 4 days, and it was AWESOME!! I loved the ending, but that's all I'm gonna say!!

5 comments:

The Hawkins said...

Yes, Tash, I too am in love with Edward. Bryan comes home now and asks me, "So how's Edward?" He's secretly jealous that I spend more time with Edward than with him:) It is an obsession! I wish I could have been with you guys on your adventure. Sounds like fun! We miss you guys terribly!
Heidi

sandi said...

I haven't read the books but I know that basic story and I know the ending!! While I was in Ut Kristen got her copy and I read the last page just to drive her crazy that I knew the ending!! Maybe someday I will read them but for now I'll just wait for the movie. I wish I could get into reading but my eyes always play tricks on me and I end up getting a migraine!!

Hope you guys are well! We miss you!

Natasha Hawkins said...

Sandi, seriously!! I am not just saying this, but these books were practically written for you. Read my words carefully...DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT wait for the movie to come out first. You must read Twilight BEFORE the movie or the book we not be the same for you. Believe me, you will read SO fast you will not have time for a migraine. Okay, rant over. Whewww!!

Natasha Hawkins said...

Heidi, I was cracking up at your post. We went to San Diego for Labor Day and I was telling everyone what you wrote. We were all laughing, but yeah, all the girls...and all the guys too, could totally relate!! I am glad to hear that you are reading the series, they are all SO good!! The movie (Twilight) comes out on November 21st. We are going to see it at midnight! Let's all blog about it after! :)

Anonymous said...

first of all Sandi read the dang books!!!! Also I am going to read twilight again because I sure do miss Edward!!!! Good times this summer, the summer of EDWARD oh and of other stuff:) Julie